Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Helping.

Today I've been thinking about my friends and how I have been so blessed with the greatest friends ever. Recently, these friends are my life. When they are happy, I am too. And when they hurt, I hurt with them.

Recently I've been dealing with the second thing. I have one friend that has been one the most trying friendships I've ever been in, but that's because I care so much for her that when she is having a difficult time, my heart goes out to her. I've been helping her with a certain problem in particular for over a year and a half now. It's like that annoying fly that is in your kitchen that you just can't get rid of and just keeps buzzing in your face... But one day it will be gone, because I'm going to do this to it:
and it's going to be GLORIOUS!! :) I'm so excited for that day. Because I know how happy she will be when that happens, and that means so much to me.

And I have another friend. I want to help him so badly but that's not exactly a possibility right now, so all that I can do is to sit back and hope that he is ok. That is not a fun feeling, at all. I want to do all that I can to make him feel better, and now I just have to wait until it's possible for me to help him and I hope that's soon because I don't like feeling helpless.

It's a weird feeling, having another person that you feel protective of and that can affect your own feelings so much. I had no idea I was such a protective person until I started having those people that I care so much about that I don't want anything negative to happen to them. I found a quote today that I love:
"God made friends so we'll carry a part of His perfect love in all our hearts."
I have started to see just how true this is as I have made more friends and gotten closer to them. I am so greatful for my friends, even in the hard times for the things that they teach me every day and for the love that they show for me in return.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment