Yesterday, I went with my friends to their ward talent show. The friends I'm talking about are Mitch, Michael, and Nich. They are quite possibly some of the funniest people I know and I love being able to see them perform and watching other people react to them. They love to sing so they created a band of sorts. They call themselves Heard it Both Ways or HB dubs... I've heard it both ways :)They completely stole the show! The people weren't exactly sure what to make of them at first but slowly they started to realize their brilliance. Want to see their performance? I guess it's a good thing I was there to record it!
"We rely more on performance than skill." -Nich
And here is their completely unplanned encore performance haha:
Pretty brilliant, isn't it? I love being with these guys, I laugh so hard every time I am with them.
This week BYU had its annual True Blue event. This was the third time I have been to True Blue and I still loved it. For people who don't know what it is, basically they have a bunch of blue foam that you get to run around and play in. There's a foam water slide and everything! Then when you're done you are completely dyed blue!! but, thank goodness, it washes off everything really easily. This year it was beautiful weather, which is nice because last year it was FREEZING!
I love BYU :)
My boys :)
They insisted on walking back across campus without their shirts on... slightly embarrassing
I learned a ton of lessons this weekend, some are more serious than others but I will share some of the more light hearted ones.
1. Some things are worth the wait.
2. If you're going to General Conference, there's a parking lot west of the conference center that is only $5 for 12 hours, it's worth it so that you can actually get in. If you aren't there early enough, you don't get to go to conference.
3. Getting a gold star from someone is not the best thing that can happen to you.
4. How my little sisters act when I bring friends home is a reflection of what they think of me
5. I still stink at Mario Kart, but I have my moments on battle mode.
6. If you refuse to leave an apartment while an "exclusive" party is happening, they will soon forget that you were an outsider.
7. If someone insists on taking a picture, and you know that the set up will be incredibly awkward, don't cooperate. Give a better suggestion or you will end up with a picture of you that looks like this:
of course, this is an absolutely hilarious picture and I laughed for a good 5 minutes when I first saw it. But I can't have too many pictures like this of me in the world.