Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What I Believe

I just had to read this talk by Elder M. Russell Ballard for one of my classes and it talks about how we can use the internet to let people know what we believe. I realized that I have had this blog for almost two years now and I think I've only mentioned anything really church related once. This is strange because the church is such an important part in my life. So I'm going to just write down a little bit about what I believe.

1st off, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Members are often called Mormons.

I believe that God lives. I know that He loves me.
I believe that Jesus Christ is God's son and that he was born so that he could die for me so that I can be forgiven of my sins.
I believe that we all lived in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ before we were born and that the reason that we are here is to learn and grow to become more like Heavenly Father.
I believe that there is a living Prophet named Thomas S. Monson. I believe that he is led by Jesus Christ so that he can tell us the things that God wants us to do.
I believe that families can be together forever and I am so greatful for that with my family now and the family that I will have one day when I get married.
I believe that The Book of Mormon is a true book and that it was translated by a Prophet, Joseph Smith.
I know that God answers prayers, maybe not right when we want Him to but when we actually need Him to.

I am so thankful that my parents taught me about the things that they know when I was little so that I had the chance to learn them for myself now that I living on my own. I am not perfect, I do not always do the right thing, by a long shot. But I know that's why we have Jesus Christ to help us to improve and progress.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness... Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then I am strong." -2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment