Wednesday, June 15, 2011

College friends-

a group of people that never would have hung out in high school.

I was thinking about the friends that I hang out with now and how it really does not really matter what we did high school. People for some reason think that high school is one of the most important parts of your life, but I've found the complete opposite. The only thing that mattered about high school was how I did in my classes because I was able to get into BYU and that's when my life really began. I did my own thing in high school, I was on my own, I didn't talk much, people didn't really know me and most of the time, I didn't really care. But now I'm having the time of my life and it doesn't matter. Last night I went to Sammy's with a group of my friends, as I was sitting there I looked down the line of people.
There was Kamree who is 2 years younger than me but is one of my best friends and is awesome.
Chloe is one of the cutest, best dressed people I know, which means she would have intimidated me.
Mitch who is super sporty and goofy. He was on lots of different teams and had lots of friends but I never would have talked to him.
Garrett would have intimidated me so much in high school, I hardly doubt that I would have had normal conversation with him... ever. but there I was doing that very thing.
Nich was a band geek. haha I probably wouldn't have given him the time of day just because of that... well I don't know that. But I wouldn't have been his friend and known that he's absolutely hilarious.
Michael is really smart and was the valedictorian of his school. He played lots of video games and focused on homework a lot.
and yet, despite all of that, there we all were sitting around a counter eating shakes together and having an amazing time. seriously, who needs high school when you've got college? :)


1 comment:

  1. This is like my favorite post!! I love that we are all friends yet we are all so different. We all belong together though, and it rocks!

    ReplyDelete