Monday, June 14, 2010

Driving

Well I'm finally in Provo. This past week has been insane. We packed up everything in our house in boxes and loaded them onto a truck. I've been living out of a suitcase ever since. We left our house on thursday night. It was quite depressing to look at our empty home, just a skeleton. I know I said that in my last entry but it was eerily true. We slept at my uncle's house and on friday we headed out at like 6. The seating arrangements were the best! My dad, Lucy (the dog), Sarah, and Andrea were all in the truck and my mom and I were in the Mercedes. Fair huh?! haha it was really relaxing and spacious but it worked out really well and the little girls were thrilled so we kept it like that the whole time. The first night we drove until we got almost to Kansas City. Missouri is disgusting, I drove through it and it was just gross... Kansas was almost as bad. It was really dull but at least it was green, we hit Kansas on Saturday. I drove most of the time. I had been hoping to stop in Colorado Springs and see Cameron but my dad said that he would have to meet him in Denver. Half way through Kansas my mom and I got sick of following the moving truck, it couldn't go faster than 65. So I called my dad and said, "I want to go to Cameron's house. We can drive up ahead and meet up with you later." He said OK! So I took off and drove 80 instead, it's amazing how much faster you get through Kansas going 80. By 5 we were in Colorado and by 7 I was at Cameron's house. :) It was almost too good to be true. I kept trying to pinch myself but I didn't need to because Cameron was doing that for me. We sat around and talked all night and Colton came over! Definitely one of my favorite nights ever. After Colton left we watched a movie and went to bed. The next morning we all got up and had breakfast, which was fantastic. Then we sat and talked and watched a movie and just enjoyed being together. My mom wanted to leave by noon but she took a nap at 11:30 and no one woke her up because I didn't want to leave. We finally left at 3. Gosh, I love the Rogers family. They are so much fun! :) Did I mention Colorado was beautiful? maybe I'm a little biased but those mountains were so green and I saw 2 rainbows!


The Rogers
Cameron and I


Now I'm sitting in the basement of my sister's house in Provo. It's weird to be back here. I slept in the exact same place I did last time I was here right after Cameron and I officially broke up. I'm slightly dreading going on campus because it will just bring back memories of freshman year and everyone that's not going to be there... but I'll meet a bunch of new people and I promised Cameron and Colton that I wouldn't do this so I'm gonna be happy and positive. Bridget just stopped by and we caught up a little. I can't wait to move into my apartment with my roommates in August! :)

I am incapable of writing a short entry. Maybe if I wrote more often I'd do better with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment