Thursday, April 22, 2010


Sadly, today is my last full day at BYU until next fall. Colton moved out on Monday and Cameron and Bridget moved out today. Everyone's putting their lives in boxes and (for the boys) taking everything home or (for the girls) sorting through everything to take home what we need for summer and storing everything else. My room, 2116 David John Hall, which has been my home for the past 8 months doesn't look like my room anymore. I took my decorations down and I've been working on packing the rest of my possessions. Most of the rooms in the hall are empty. My friends are gone, heading home to various places across the world. I'm alone here and ready to leave because it's such a depressing ghost town here. I don't fly home until saturday morning though. At least Erin is here. I'm checking out on friday night and staying the night with her. Cameron's with his family now. He and his parents came and helped me lower my bed today, it was super helpful. They're so great. Now, I need to shower, I need to do laundry, I need to pack, I need to move my stuff out of my room, I need to clean, I need to keep myself busy so I don't think too much about this hollow feeling I have because everyone is gone.

Yesterday was a good day. My mom and Erin were here and my Granny and Aunt Rachel drove down from Idaho. Cameron and I went out to eat with them and he got to experience a little bit of my family. It went really well. We had fun and talked a lot. Erin then mentioned that she had to take my cousin Rachel to the airport (from the other side of the family). It was going to be a really long drive so Cameron offered for us to drive up there with her. It was pretty enjoyable, we didn't have anything else to do that day. It was cold and rainy anyway. On the way back from the airport we stopped by my great aunt and uncle's house mostly because my mom wanted us to. We stayed there for a few hours and played games and talked. By the time we left it was past 11. Erin and I were exhausted so Cameron drove our car home. We dropped Erin off at home and Cameron and I had a car for the rest of the night, it was such a nice change after not being able to drive anywhere for 8 months. It was our last day and night and we just enjoyed being together. Unfortunately he wasn't feeling very well, so it put a slight damper on it. But it was still really good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment