Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thoughts



So today I had an assignment for my media arts class to look at a blog and write a paper about how the author of the blogs was able to share her family's stories through media. The entire time I was completely distracted by thinking about what I would write if I had a blog... then I really wanted to make one, so I did. It's really late right now but my roommate, Bridget, is still up and being a light sleeper I would be awake until she goes to bed anyway. I have been terrible at keeping a journal since I've been at BYU since August which is really unfortunate because so many amazing things have happened to me. Things that I would really love be able to remember, so maybe having a blog will help with that endeavor. I love writing about myself, that may sound extremely vain but it helps me so much. I can remember things, relive things, and figure out what is going on in my mind. I really have no idea a lot of the time and it takes writing out what's going on to be able to figure it out.

Blogs actually really make me laugh, it makes me think about when I was like 12 years old and I had an Xanga. I wrote about my life... actually now that I think about it I must have been 14. Anyway, it's funny because there was Xanga, myspace, facebook, and now I'm back to blogging. So many things have changed since those days of complaining about not being able to dance with the guy I liked during the last song of a stake dance. Now I'm thinking about how in the world I'm going to be able end my first relationship that is going great because he's leaving on a mission. I'm on my own now, I'm not at home where I just shut myself in my room and be ok with avoiding my problems... I don't want to do that either, that's actually the best part about these changes that I'm experiences, I've been able to see actual changes in myself and I'm ok with taking on my problems head on instead of avoiding them and hoping they'll go away.

The end. (of my first post, let's just see how consistant I am with this)

-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment