Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Thoughts on... Country Music

One of my all time favorite things to do (on a normal day) is to drive around in my car with the windows rolled down so that wind can blow through the car and my hair and I can smell the outside. I don't get to be outside very much with my job and I've found myself loving those times that I leave for lunch or get to go home. Not that I don't love my job, because I do but I love the feeling of driving. Driving with the windows down and your hair blowing all around just isn't complete without one thing: blaring country music. Country music is just the icing on the cake. I started realizing this when I first got my license when I was 17 and I could just take the car and go but it was just this summer when I figured it out. To me country music has a feeling and a message about enjoying the little things in life. It has a sound that just goes along with warm weather and beautiful surroundings. It talks about America and the freedom we have, it talks about taking back roads and being off the beaten path, going camping and exploring the world. It's just simple. And when you're driving around and looking around and feeling like you live in a great place and the mountains are ridiculously beautiful today the only thing that you can make you love it more is listening to a great country song. 

I also love having my windows down and country music turned up way too loud because I think it's funny. Usually when people blare music it has a really heavy beat and really loud rapping or something. I get a kick out of the funny looks I get when I pull up next to people in my red Santa Fe shamelessly blaring "How Country Feels" and singing along... Sometimes. Sometimes I am a little embarrassed to go quite that far, at least at a stop light- on the interstate? No problem :)

No comments:

Post a Comment