Thursday, June 28, 2012

Observations

While wandering around London this past week I have made a couple of observations that I would like to share.

1. London is incredibly diverse, I have never been to a place with so many people from so many different countries speaking other languages! It's been refreshing to get out of Utah
2. At almost every intersection, there is paint on the road telling you which direction to look for cars before you cross. This is so helpful for those of us who are not used to cars driving on the left side of the road.
3. When words ending in S are possessive they still put an apostrophe S. (ex: James's)
4. Europeans are quiet
5. Asians take a lot of pictures (even during musicals when it is "forbidden" haha)
6. People own really nice cars
7. When parking on the street, you can park any direction you want
8. Police sirens are REALLY loud, and the cars are neon yellow and green
9. Almost everyone smokes. The smoke isn't as stinky as in the US but it still gets hard to breathe sometimes
10. The toilets do not always flush
11. On the street people will walk straight at you until you move out of their way. It's like a game of chicken.
12. When people run into you they say, "so sorry!" I'm starting to pick up on it (I tend to run into people quite a bit)
13. They sell crispy m&m's!
14. There are a lot of dogs! Everywhere. Very pretty, groomed, well behaved dogs.


I'm sure I'll come up with more and post them later, but right now I actually need to do some homework. We gotta study some time on this "study" abroad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment