Thursday, April 19, 2012

Something to Smile About

Today was one of those days when I had to look for things to smile about just to keep me going. It was a rough day to get through. You'd think that it was going to be a good day considering I took my last final this morning but I woke up sad. I didn't get much sleep last night and I didn't get any studying done either. Then on my way to my final I felt the need to do something that just made me more sad, it might have been a little bit dramatic to do, but I felt like it was necessary. Then I walked to my final, on the way it started to rain. I got my test... the first question was about something that I had no idea what it meant. There was a concept in another language that we were supposed to talk about, I didn't even know what language it was. That combined with everything else almost made me burst into tears right there. but I didn't. that would have been embarrassing. I ended up guessing what language it was and the deducing what it meant. I found out later that I was right, luckily, it was German. From that final I went to go help my class finish a movie that we've been working on. The sound guy never showed up or even contacted us, so we didn't get to finish that. In all, I was just zoned out today. On my way home I called Chloe and she happened to be home. I haven't seen her in a few weeks so I went over there. That's when my day turned around.

Chloe is one of the greatest people I know and the best friend a person could have. She was busy writing a paper but when she realized that I needed help she stopped and gave me a huge hug. From there I started finding things to smile about. The little things that could get me through the rest of today and probably the next little bit while I adjust to my new normal.

I have amazing friends like Chloe and her roommates.
We went to the corner store and bought a bunch of candy, Chloe's suggestion
I leave for London exactly 2 months from today. (I wish it were sooner though)
I got my new study abroad backpack today, I quite like it. I've had my other backpack since I was 17.
People shared their pizza with me today
I got a high score on my phone game that I have been trying to play recently
My teacher wrote a really complimentary note in my class binder before he handed it back
only one essay stands between me and the end of the semester
I get paid tomorrow
My little sister called me today and we got to talk for a while
Despite everything, through the sadness, I still feel peace and I am mostly thankful for that

No comments:

Post a Comment